The International Affairs Advisory - ASSUNI of the Geological Survey of Brazil - CPRM aims to carry out the activities related to CPRM's international policy in the field of technical cooperation and service provision, according to the federal government's foreign policy determinations, taking account the harmonization of the institution's goals with the guidelines established by the Ministry of Mines and Energy - MME, through the Secretariat of Geology, Mining and Mineral Transformation - SGM, and supported by the Ministry of Foreign Relations - MRE, through the Brazilian Agency of Cooperation - ABC.
In accordance with the CPRM Basic Organization Plan, based on Article 7 of the CPRM Statute, the International Affairs Advisory - ASSUNI has the following assignments:
- To establish contacts with international organizations, aiming, in addition to technical cooperation, to attract business and provide technical services, as well as to finance their execution.
- To attend mixed committee meetings in Brazil and abroad and with foreign delegations visiting Brazil, provided that the meetings are in the interest of CPRM.
- To establish contacts with international institutions, aiming at the discussion and consolidation of legal instruments, in view of the transfer and/or absorption of technology in the geosciences area.
- To support the CPRM Executive Board in the formulation and elaboration of the company's international policy and strategies.
- To maintain understanding with the heads of the executing agencies of the technical cooperation, services and/or projects, in order to guide them regarding the assistance to the clients, ensuring that they are guaranteed the best fulfillment of their requests, within the pre-established specifications.
- To propose, in line with the other boards and regional branches of CPRM, foreign travel programs, which are of interest to CPRM and the Brazilian government, in accordance with current legislation.
- To consolidate and prepare ASSUNI's financial programming, in view of meeting the goals established in the planning of CPRM's international activities, acting in close contact with the other companies.
- To ensure that, before being signed by the CEO, all legal instruments relating to his area of competence are sent to the Legal Advice Board, the Geological Infrastructure Board of Directors and the Administration and Finances Board of Directors for examination of the respective legal, commercial and financial aspects.
In carrying out its activities, ASSUNI fully follows the values and determinations contained in the CPRM Code of Ethics and the CPRM Employees Code of Conduct, in relation to the employees conduct rules in their personal and professional relationships. Due to its nature, ASSUNI also complies with the provisions contained in the Travel Abroad Instruction, aiming to enable the missions of CPRM employees abroad.
Due to its strategic role at CPRM, the International Affairs Advisory - ASSUNI is reporting directly to the company's CEO, according to the Organization Chart.